roman numerals

From: Curt
Subject: roman numerals
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:24:46 -0800

Hi, what is the easiest way to notate a
        V/V (probably looks just like that)
        viidim7/ii (a vii followed by a dim circle superscript and a 7
superscript, then a slash then a ii)
        iim7b5/vi? (either m7b5 superscript, or a half-dim circle superscript,
then a slash then vi)

It doesn't look like chord mode likes it when I put i's and v's and I's and V's
in there instead of note names.

I see the snippet here: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=710 but am just
curious if there is an easier way.

Two use cases:
        - I thought it might be nice to put chord qualities on a jazz lead for
easier transposition, probably above the staff, above or alongside the existing
chord symbols.
        - I am wanting to simply batch-generate a whole mess of those symbols
completely by themselves, with no staff or note above/below.

Thanks,
Curt