Re: pitched trill spanner always displays accidental?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: pitched trill spanner always displays accidental?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:13:44 +0100

2012/11/20 Jeffrey Trevino <address@hidden>:
> Hi there,
>
> Is it normal for the pitched trill spanner to always display an accidental
> for its parenthesized pitch, even if the parenthesized pitch is natural and
> doesn't need one? Is there a way to override this? I'm finding it immensely
> frustrating to get at any of the attributes of this parenthesized note.
>
> best,
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

have a look in the IR, chapters
3.1.120 TrillPitchAccidental
3.1.121 TrillPitchGroup
3.1.122 TrillPitchHead

You may want to use some of the properties you'll find there for overriding.

Example:

\version "2.16.0"

\relative c'' {
        \once \override TrillPitchAccidental #'stencil = ##f
        \pitchedTrill
        d2\startTrillSpan f?
        d2
        c2\stopTrillSpan
        r2

        \once \override TrillPitchAccidental #'color = #red
        \once \override TrillPitchHead #'stencil =
          #(lambda (grob)
            (grob-interpret-markup grob
            #{
                    \markup \circle { \with-color #red \rotate #90 "(-:" }
            #}))
        \pitchedTrill
        eis4\startTrillSpan fis
        eis4\stopTrillSpan

        \once \override TrillPitchHead #'duration-log = #0
        \pitchedTrill
        eis4\startTrillSpan cis
        eis4\stopTrillSpan
}

BTW, due to my bad english-skills I find it immensely frustrating
trying to read a post without code-example.

-Harm