Re: changing staff size in "\score" context

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: changing staff size in "\score" context
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:32:44 +0100

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Eby Mani wrote
>> Hi, I don't know how to change staff size in the following scenario, need
>> to reduce the size of Organ staff in the score which should be given to
>> the choir and vice versa for the Organist.
>>
>> Are there any commands that can be used in "\score" context ?. I don't
>> want to mess anything where the music part is.
>
> you can do this in the \layout section:
>
> \context {
>       \PianoStaff
>       fontSize = #-3
>       \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
>       \override StaffSymbol.thickness = #(magstep -3)
>     }

Well, seems like the recent optional override syntax change catches on
like wildfire.

For versions before 2.17.6, this will need to be

    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
    \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep 3)

If people forget the old syntax as fast as it appears, we'll probably
need to push out 2.18 rather soon, or nobody will be able to help the
poor sods stuck with 2.16 any more.  I don't think that a backport of
the backward-compatible parts of this patch set (basically only
\override and \revert) would be appropriate for a stable release series.

--
David Kastrup