Re: roman numerals

From: Michael Rivers
Subject: Re: roman numerals
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:27:20 -0800 (PST)

It would be very nice if Roman numeral analysis were integrated with figured
bass in Lilypond. David's code works very well for chorale textures.
However, because durations aren't specified, if the left hand of a piano
part, for instance, has 16th note arpeggios but only one harmony, one needs
to input \markup \rN {""} a huge number of times for each measure.

Anyway, now that we know who wrote it the code, thank you, David. Roman
numerals were the one thing that made me have to go back to Sibelius, and
now I don't have to.