Re: Vertical spacing of toplevel markups

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing of toplevel markups
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:18:14 -0800 (PST)

Wilbert Berendsen-6 wrote
> Op Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:21:57 -0800 (PST)
> …, but I
> have to manually insert pagebreaks and to manually decide the right
> distance...
>
> It would be nice if I could change the markup-markup-spacing #'padding
> without starting a new \bookpart{} ...

not sure if it can be solved with /markup-markup-spacing/ (because of the
reference points, as you mentioned)

but take a look at this:

spaceX = \markup \vspace #0
\markup {
  \column {
    \spaceX
    \line { 1. hoi hoi }
    \line { hoi hoi }
    \line { hoi hoi }
    \line { hoi hoi }
    \line { hoi hoi }
    \line { hoi hoi }
\markup {
  \column {
    \spaceX
    \line { 2. hoi hoi }
    \line { hai hag }
\markup {
  \column {
    \spaceX
    \line { 3. hei hei }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }
    \line { ho go }

I have repeated this in many ways and I never got a break inside a verse!

just don't ask me about the role of \vspace!

Eluze