Re: roman numerals

From: Curt
Subject: Re: roman numerals
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:51:29 -0800

Well that's just half-dim, but the other one is a good point.  There are plenty
of
jazz chords with extensions that would be valuable to notate in roman numerals.
V7 #11 b9 for instance.  #5, b13, whatever.

It seems like so much of this could be enabled just by allowing chord mode
to accept upper and lower case roman numerals as well as pitch names.  That's
not the same use case (and probably not the same solution) as multi-row
functional
theory analysis below the staff, but I think it is a plenty valuable feature
for
lilypond to support.