Re: Centering / Indenting a paragraph?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Centering / Indenting a paragraph?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:08:37 +0100

2012/11/23 Bric <address@hidden>:
> Hi, I'm new to this list and to lilypond
>
> I just learned that I can do this:
>

> \markup {
>   \fill-line {
>     \hspace #1
>     \column {
>       \line { This is my first verse  }
>       \line { For Column 1 as a  supplemental }
>       \line { Text blurb below the score }
>       \line { This is when I don't }
>       \line { Want to align multiple  }
>       \line { Verses directly beneath the score staves }
>     }
>     \hspace #2
>
>     \column {
>       \line { This is my second verse  }
>       \line { It is for Column 2 }
>       \line { of the second  }
>       \line { Blurb. }
>       \line { Pretty cool and all is well  }
>       \line { Wit these two columns }
>     }
>     \hspace #3
>
> }
>
> The above is rendered fine, with two columns well balanced.
>
> the problem is:  How do I add a third paragraph, centered and indented?
>
> If I add the following after the above...
>
> \markup {
>   \fill-line {
>     \column  {
>       \line { \italic { I want this  } }
>       \line { \italic { Centered underneath } }
>       \line { \italic { The above two verses } }
>       \line { \italic { Apparently, that isn't easy! } }
>
>     }
>     \hspace #4
>   }
> }
>
> it is left-justified, left-aligned.  How do I shift the paragraph?

Lily does what you told her:
\fill-line with \column { ... } on the left and \hspace #4 on the right.
Visible, if you add \box before \hspace #4.
Deleting \hspace #4 will center it horizontally on the page.

> Also, while we're on this topic:
>
> (2) How do I add an empty line (forced newline, paragraphbreak, or some such),
> in the above sets of lines?
>
> (3) How can I add other things like solid horizontal line (rules), etc..,
> etc. ?

Oh, no, I'm not the "Erklärbär" (don't knw how to translate _that_
into english).

Perhaps someone else.

-Harm