Re: review of a Mutopia file (why TabStaff gives error here?)

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: review of a Mutopia file (why TabStaff gives error here?)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:53:06 +1100

On 24/11/12 19:02, Federico Bruni wrote:
Il 24/11/2012 03:34, Keith OHara ha scritto:
Federico Bruni <fedelogy <at> gmail.com> writes:

I've updated to 2.16 the following piece of Mutopia:
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=636
Can anyone review it?

I made one pass through, and made potential-corrections as I went.
(attached) Hopefully you can use a 'diff' program to see the changes.

Thanks Keith!
I see that you've fixed a lot of fingerings, now it makes sense. You just missed a string number in the second voice of bar 15.

I've also added the right harmonic (fifth fret of third string) in the last bar:
\harmonicByFret #5 g,4.\3\fermata^"Octav."

The barré formatting is awesome.

BTW, given that guitar right-hand fingering in a score is indicated by the letters "p", "i", "m", and "a", I think that the source is easier to read if you define

P=\rightHandFinger #1
I=\rightHandFinger #2
M=\rightHandFinger #3
A=\rightHandFinger #4

rather than

#(define RH rightHandFinger)

and then you can use, for example <g-\M > to indicate the use of m, rather than <g-\RH #3 >. Upper case is needed because lower case p and a are already used for a dynamic indication and a note name.

Nick