Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:19:57 -0600

Hi Jeffrey,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Jeffrey Trevino
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Yes, I think it's reasonable to confine the frame to a single line, even
> though the arrow must be breakable.
>
> I'm also having problems using the construct on parallel staffs within a
> score. It works fine for a single staff, but when I try to use the same
> construct on two staffs simultaneously, I get, "
>
> warning: No start to this box.
> Preprocessing graphical objects...frameEngraver4.ly:124:23: In procedure
> ly:grob-property in expression (ly:grob-property frame (quote
> padding)):frameEngraver4.ly:124:23: Wrong type argument in position 1
> (expecting Grob): ()
>
> "
>
> I don't know how the Scheme is working here, so maybe you can try out two of
> these in parallel and let me know if it's working for you.

Nope, I get the same error...  Argh!  I'm not sure why this is
happening.  As soon as I get some time, I'll need to go over the
engraver with a fine-toothed comb.  I know how to approach the issue
of the broken extender line, but I want to make sure I'm working from
a sound base first.

-David