new user--Glissando question

From: Bill Restemeyer
Subject: new user--Glissando question
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:46:10 -0500

Hello!  I'm trying to use LilyPond to score music for Harp and have a question
about continuous glissandos.  There are measures in this piece (4/4) where each
quarter note is the beginning and the end of a glissando (well, except the
first).  After doing this for a while, this pattern stops and each quarter note
begins a "contemporary" glissando (no ending note).  My problem is conecting
these two with another glissando.  To create the "contemporary" glissando, I
break into two voices, so the question is how to connect the last Bb quarter
note to the following F quarter note (all in the left hand).

\header{
  title = "glissando example"
  poet =  \markup \harp-pedal #"v-^|v--v"
}

\relative c {
\new PianoStaff <<
\set PianoStaff.instrumentName = \markup \italic #"HARP  "
  \new Staff = "right" { \key f \major
\override Glissando #'breakable = ##t
\override Glissando #'after-line-breaking = ##t

e'''8 d c a-4( f) c f,4 | s1 |
    g'4\glissando bes,,\glissando g''\glissando bes,,\glissando |
  }

  \new Staff = "left" { \key f \major
    \clef bass

  \override Glissando #'breakable = ##t
  \override Glissando #'after-line-breaking = ##t

f,4\glissando bes'\glissando f,4\glissando bes' %\glissando |
    <<
     {s4 c,\glissando^"R" \hideNotes g'' \unHideNotes c,\glissando \change
Staff = "right" \hideNotes g'' \unHideNotes \change Staff = "left" }
      \\
     { f,,,\glissando_"L" \hideNotes c'' \unHideNotes f,\glissando \hideNotes
c''\unHideNotes }

    s2. |

\version "2.16.1"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.

Thanks for any help you can give!