Re: Lilypond-book does not run

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book does not run
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:26:09 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:15 AM
Subject: Lilypond-book does not run

I have used Lilypond-book (2.14) with Vista. Now I switched to Windows 8 and
installed the actual stable lilypond Version (2.16). An actual MikTeX
Installation did run (pdfLaTeX works).
Lilypond.exe runs well, lilypond-book does not run correctly.

To have a simple test I used the example of the documentation
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16.1/Documentation/usage/an-example-of-a-
musicological-document.html) and deleted the line with \lilypondfile

Starting a cmd and entering the suggested command
"C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py"  --output=out --pdf
lilybook.lytex

I get the help.
Starting with --verbose I get an Exeption in line 114

Is there a incompabiliy with Windows 8? Do I have an error in the command?

Thanks!

Chris

Please could you post the exact error message - all of it.  Thanks.

--
Phil Holmes