Re: Note duration line (contemporary)

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: Note duration line (contemporary)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:41:29 -0800

Hi all,

It's good to know how to do this. For metric notation, I found that it's also useful to stop the duration line before the barline, instead of continuing it to a subsequent notehead, if the following note is in the next bar:

#(define flat-gliss
  (lambda (grob)
    (let ((left-Y (assoc-get 'Y (ly:grob-property grob 'left-bound-info))))
      (ly:grob-set-nested-property! grob '(right-bound-info Y) left-Y))))

\relative c'' {
  \override Glissando #'after-line-breaking = #flat-gliss
  \override Glissando #'thickness = #8
  \override Glissando #'to-barline = ##t
  c1\glissando
  g'\glissando
  g,
}

There's one more important tweak, remaining, though, and I can't figure it out: Is there a way to make the ends of the lines square instead of round? I don't see a property for this in line-interface.

best,
Jeff

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Oscar,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Oscar Dub <address@hidden> wrote:
>> It looks like you might be able to use a glissando and override the style to be "line", then twiddle the thickness until it looks right?
>
> Using this glissando method mentioned, does anybody know of a specific override that would force the glissando line to be flat (i.e. ignore the y position of the right bound and instead use the y position of the left one)?
>
> If that's not simple then I was thinking this might be achievable with a simple-ish scheme callback, something like:
> \override Glissando #'bound-details #'right #'Y = >>>>>> some nice function which returns the staff position of the note that the gliss is attached to <<<<<<
>
> A nudge in the right direction would be great!

I didn't get anything to work using an override of  #'bound-details
#'right #'Y, but you can override 'after-line-breaking like so:

\version "2.17.7"

#(define flat-gliss
  (lambda (grob)
    (let ((left-Y (assoc-get 'Y (ly:grob-property grob 'left-bound-info))))
      (ly:grob-set-nested-property! grob '(right-bound-info Y) left-Y))))

\relative c'' {
  \override Glissando #'after-line-breaking = #flat-gliss
  \override Glissando #'thickness = #5
  c1\glissando
  g'\glissando
  g,