Re: fingerings

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: fingerings
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 02:38:26 +0100

2012/11/29 Eluze <address@hidden>:
> Thomas Morley wrote
>> Try:
>>
>> \version "2.16.0"
>>
>> {
>>   c'' d''-4 e''-\tweak ParenthesesItem #'font-size #-2 -\parenthesize -4
>> c''-4
>> }
>
> sorry - I always forget to check if my solutions work in the version the
> user indicated (and I'm most often on the newest development version, 2.17.7
> actually)

Well, if a user doesn't specify the version (and Christopher doesn't,
or have I overlooked it?)  I always use the current stable to answer.
Perhaps I should switch to the newest devel-version in such cases, to
spread the new features.

> but I'm amazed by this newest version:

+1

> you can write the fingering (for example) /before/ the note, if you use a
> \tweak (/without a hyphen/) or - as it used to be - you can write it
> afterwards /with a hyphen/ (or a direction indicator /_,^/) - wooooowww!

Yeah, that's nice, but are you aware that most of it works with 2.16.0 already?

Your suggestion:
{ c'' d''-1  \parenthesize -4 e'' a c''-3 }
_is_ compilable with 2.16.0 and, btw, with 2.15.40 too.

My additional answer was more aimed at scaling the ParenthesesItem.
I simply could have added it to your code, resulting to:

\version "2.16.0" % !!!

{ c'' d''-1  \tweak ParenthesesItem #'font-size #-2 \parenthesize -4
e'' a c''-3 }

And who made it possible?

David Kastrup

It's a shame that the whole LilyPond-community is not able to garantee
his financial survival.

I'm awaiting a larger back-payment of taxes and decided to give a
reasonable amount of it for supporting him.

Would be nice if some more people would decide to *do* something similiar.

Cheers,
  Harm