Re: fingerings

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: fingerings
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:13:20 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote

> That is more or less a historical accident slated to go eventually.  It
> depends on
> a) A tweaked fingering not being recognized as a postevent without -
> b) the old fingering engraver combining simultaneous music events
>    without requiring the articulation to be set in the note
>
> I hope that by 2.18 this will be gone.
>
>> or - as it used to be - you can write it afterwards /with a hyphen/
>> (or a direction indicator /_,^/) - wooooowww!
>
> By 2.18 this should work without the additional - before \tweak.
> Meaning that a tweaked articulation will behave like an articulation
> always, without requiring further hints to the parser.
>
> Probably less cause for amazement than the current behavior, but I'd
> consider that a good thing.

I never had much to do with \tweak and going through the docs I didn't find
really clear instructions how to apply it (after studying the 142 hits found
in the pdf documents [well - I just overflew some of them, maybe the
important information would have been exactly there?!] I didn't really
_know_ if I had to prepend or append it, I wasn't sure if I still may use
the form \tweak layout-object #'grob-property value [as described in NR
5.4.3 The tweak command] [in 2.17.7 I get an error] … )

so thanks for your efforts and let's hope this will all become clear with
version 2.18!

Eluze