Re: Appoggiatura help

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Appoggiatura help
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:59:05 -0800 (PST)

shutterfreak wrote
> Hi,
>
> First, I suppose the last note in that 5/16 measure should be a fis8 and
> not a fis4, otherwise the measure should last 9/16 and not 5/16.
>
> I tried entering this in MuseScore. The default grace note gets no slur,
> adding a slur without modifying a thing yields the result in measure 1,
> inverting the orientation of the grace note slur yields the result in
> measure 2 of attached image. No other tweaks were done in MuseScore.
>
> In this case I think the slurring algorithm in LilyPond could be improved
> by using different anchor points.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Olivier
>
> MuseScore example.jpg (13K)
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/137003/0/MuseScore%20example.jpg>

Hi Olivier!

Thanks for that workthrough - I appreciate the help.  It looks like you're
right, but I wish I could figure out how to control the slur of
grace-notes/style better in LilyPond.

I guess, perhaps I could just leave the slur "as is" in my original post and
just tweak the final output in Inkscape? No? Not ideal, but maybe?

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer