preview (-d flag) padding

From: Curt
Subject: preview (-d flag) padding
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:04:34 -0800

Is it at all possible to manually add a few pixels of padding to -dpreview ?

I am regularly running into problems with a few pixels of an image being cut
off.  I've reported a bug
(https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2968) but since it appears
this issue has existed in some form or another for many years now, I don't have
high hopes that it will be resolved soon.  So I'm just looking for a way to
work around it manually in the meantime.  Hopefully something that will work in
a wide variety of snippets - some of my mine have only \markup code (no staves).

Thanks!
Curt