Fwd: LilyPond 2.16 installation

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Fwd: LilyPond 2.16 installation
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:13:26 -0500

Forwarding to list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shane Brandes <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.16 installation
To: Brett McCoy <address@hidden>

I installed it ins own directory after downloading it and then just
renamed the 2.14 to old and let the 2.16 occupy the 2.14 versions
folder. Probably a kludgey way of doing it but it worked fine. Then
after a recent reinstall, I discovered if using Frescobaldi you can
simply point to where ever you install whatever version from the
preference section. What could be easier.  Ubuntu definitely does
trail the upstream stuff sometimes.

best of luck,

Shane Brandes