Display of a common chord with a changing bass

From: Barry van Oudtshoorn
Subject: Display of a common chord with a changing bass
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 16:17:40 +0800

Hi all,

This is my first post here, so I hope that I'm asking the right sort of question in the right sort of way!

I've been using Lilypond for a while now to put together lead sheets, and so far, everything's been working really nicely. In a recent piece, though, I've come across a situation where I have a chord for which the bass note changes rapidly, as below:

\version "2.13.16"

\include "english.ly"

\score { <<

  \new ChordNames { \chordmode { a4/csharp a/d a/e } }

  \new Staff { \relative c' { csharp4 d e } }

>> }

This produces something along the lines of "A/C# A/D A/E". I'm looking for a way to have the chord itself brought up above the changing bass; as in http://www.barryvan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/inversions.png . I've looked through the documentation and the snippets, and I can't seem to find anything that really relates to this.

Any pointers would be great!

Barry van Oudtshoorn
http://barryvan.com.au/