Re: printKeyCancellation, a way to never show key cancellations?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: printKeyCancellation, a way to never show key cancellations?
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 20:01:12 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Morris <paul <at> paulwmorris.com> writes:

> For greater flexibility, would it make sense for PrintKeyCancellation to
> have 3 options instead of 2?
>   1. show key cancellations
>   2. hide key cancellations, except C major / A minor
>   3. hide all key cancellations

Maybe it would have, but we have gotten used to the simple true/false, which
does the right thing for most situations.

Option number 3 can be had most simply with

>   \override Staff.KeyCancellation #'stencil = ##f

but it looks like you wrote code that restores the 'stencil for
anything that answers to the "key-signature-interface"

>  ((key-signature-interface engraver grob source-engraver)
>    (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'stencil
>                           (make-circle-stencil .7 .3 #f))))))

You can stop the key cancellation by some other means as Harm suggested,
 or change your code to stencil KeySignatures only.