Re: Parameterizing a LilyPond function

From: PMA
Subject: Re: Parameterizing a LilyPond function
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:53:25 -0500

You're right, man: working dory-hunky!

I promise to upgrade *BTWN* projects.

Thanks again,
Pete

David Nalesnik wrote:
Hi Peter,

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM, PMA<address@hidden>  wrote:
David&  David,

Thank you Both!

I'm using the one-param version, as in this score my X&  Y offsets always
match.
But on exec -- uh oh -- Scheme is yelling:

    <string>:2:65: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression
beginning here
        \once \override Glissando #(quote (bound-details left Y)) = #
                                                                  offset
    Unbound variable: offset

Hmm.  The invocation, BTW, was     \glissmove #1.3

Just in case, better tell you my LP Version is still 2.13.32.
If I must upgrade Right Now, well then ok, but I'd almost prefer a cyanide
pill.

There shouldn't be any _need_ here to upgrade, but there really have
been a lot of improvements since the version you're using (including
much greater power/flexibility/ease regarding music functions).  I
think you simply need to substitute $ for # in front of offset to make
this work.

-David