Simple Chords only template

From: vector
Subject: Simple Chords only template
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 16:03:41 +1100

Hi there,

Very new to all this but from what I have read this looks like what Im after.

I have a bunch of chord progression songs I use to practice too. No notes just chords . Id like to give these to other musos so they can use it as a ref to jam along. they may want to put notes in as we go so I would like:

A page with a song title/id string
key signature and time
staff broken into bars
The chord progression I have placed above the staff at the right bars.

for example a progression like.
F Bb F C Bb F Bb F C F Bb F G C Bb C F C
I guess I have to work out how to tell it how many beats the chord goes for in the case where its more than one bar long?

It looks like I can set up a lilypond template to achive this. So all I then have to do is change the title and the chords and it will sort out the rest?
then allow me to print that out.

Bear with me while I read the manual But im in a bit of lack of time spot and would really appreciate some shortcut help.

thanks