Re: Aligning Text Above (and Below) Notes

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Aligning Text Above (and Below) Notes
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:48:48 +0100

2012/12/5 Eluze <address@hidden>:
> Eric Pancer wrote
>> One more issue: my lyrics above the second line of music have more
>> affinity towards the bottom lyric of the first line, than the actual
>> notes of the second line. Any pointers on how to fix it are
>> appreciated.
>
> hmm - that's astonishing! if I change the order of the 2 scores this happens
> too, with the 2nd score being misaligned again!
>
> I tried all the kind of spacing overrides: nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing and
> others and finally found a working solution:
>
>       \new Lyrics \with {
>         alignAboveContext = exAA
>         \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'(
>           (basic-distance . 1)
>           (minimum-distance . 1)
>           (padding . .5)
>           (stretchability . 999)
>         )
>         \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = ##f
>         fontSize = #-2
>       }
>
> note that the staff-affinity has to be set to false for this to work.
>
> I wonder if there are better solutions or if this is a bug.
>
> Eluze

I've got quite convincing results with:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override VerticalAxisGroup
      #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing #'basic-distance = #5
\paper {
  score-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #15
  markup-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #15
}

(setting them on toplevel)

But if one of the paper variables offers not enough space, one (or
both) of the Lyric-contexts are not moved.

HTH,
  Harm