Re: produce midi drums but hide staff

From: vector457
Subject: Re: produce midi drums but hide staff
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:36:22 +1100

yeah I want to keep the drums in the midi output but not display it in the pdf

On 12/06/2012 04:32 PM, Nathan wrote:
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM, vector <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there,
Im getting the hang of this even tho it might not look it ;) thanks for all
your inputs.

I wanted to add a simple drumbeat to the previous script and produce a basic
chord and drums midi.
so far I have this working.
But I want to remove the drums completely from the pdf output. ie just show
chord progression only.
Do you want to do this temporarily for debugging purposes? If so, you
can use block comments.

%{
\new DrumStaff <<
        \stopStaff
        \hideNotes
        \new DrumVoice {\voiceOne \up}
        \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }

%}

but
\new DrumStaff <<
       \stopStaff
       \hideNotes
       \new DrumVoice {\voiceOne \up}
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }

did just that, it hid the staff but the notes are left floating. hideNotes
had no effect :(
maybe its in the wrong place?
Angle brackets << >> indicate simultaneous music, while curly brackets
{ } indicate sequential music. To make the DrumVoices come after the
\stopStaff and \hideNotes, use curly brackets:

\new DrumStaff {
   \stopStaff
   \hideNotes
   <<