Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 13:44:00 -0800

Hi all,

Could someone please take a look at the latest scheme code in this thread and figure out how we can use this frame engraver construct on multiple staffs in the same score simultaneously? It's pretty important for preceding in my work, and I can't figure out how to get it working.

thank you,
Jeff

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jeffrey,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Jeffrey Trevino
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Yes, I think it's reasonable to confine the frame to a single line, even
> though the arrow must be breakable.
>
> I'm also having problems using the construct on parallel staffs within a
> score. It works fine for a single staff, but when I try to use the same
> construct on two staffs simultaneously, I get, "
>
> warning: No start to this box.
> Preprocessing graphical objects...frameEngraver4.ly:124:23: In procedure
> ly:grob-property in _expression_ (ly:grob-property frame (quote
> padding)):frameEngraver4.ly:124:23: Wrong type argument in position 1
> (expecting Grob): ()
>
> "
>
> I don't know how the Scheme is working here, so maybe you can try out two of
> these in parallel and let me know if it's working for you.

Nope, I get the same error...  Argh!  I'm not sure why this is
happening.  As soon as I get some time, I'll need to go over the
engraver with a fine-toothed comb.  I know how to approach the issue
of the broken extender line, but I want to make sure I'm working from
a sound base first.

-David