Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:22:06 -0600

Hi Jeffrey,

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Jeffrey Trevino
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could someone please take a look at the latest scheme code in this thread
> and figure out how we can use this frame engraver construct on multiple
> staffs in the same score simultaneously? It's pretty important for preceding
> in my work, and I can't figure out how to get it working.

Sorry to leave you hanging--I haven't had much time to devote to
LilyPond recently.

I've got the engraver working so you can have independent frames on
separate staves.  I haven't been able to test it very much, so do let
me know if it looks like I've broken something.

There's several issues that I do know about, however.

The first is that the extender lines will push barlines out of the
way.  I suppose you could set the 'X-extent of any BarLine you want to
cross to '(+inf.0 . -inf.0) as I did in the example in
`frameEngraver4.ly'.  Here I removed the BarLine engraver.  I suppose
you could work with very large bars if you want barlines in some
places,  Let me know if you find a technique that works here.

The second issue is that you have to experiment with the extender
lengths to get the right values.

Anyway, HTH!

-David