Re: Trying once more.

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Trying once more.
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 14:21:17 +0100

2012/12/8 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>

> Have you tried
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-keyboards#cross_002dstaff-stems
> ?
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

Hi,

for writing chords, with different NoteHeads I'd use
\tweak #'duration-log #...
in the chord.

But it does not work in all cases with cross-stems:
If the lowest note of a upper chord is tweaked the cross-staff-stem disappears.

I added a workaround. But it is a _very_ _poor_ one.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.17.6"

one =
\relative c' {\displayMusic
        %% First chord
        <
         \tweak #'duration-log #2 g
        >2

        %% second chord
        <
         \tweak #'duration-log #2 e
        >2

        %% third chord
        %% cross-staff-stem doesn't work
        <
         \tweak #'duration-log #2 c
        >2
}

workaround =
\relative c' {

        %% Very poor workaround
        \startStaff
        \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'ledger-extra = #-1
        \stopStaff
        <
         \tweak #'transparent ##t a
         \tweak #'duration-log #2 c
        >2
        \startStaff
        \revert Staff.StaffSymbol #'ledger-extra
        \stopStaff
}

two =
\relative c {
        \voiceOne
        \clef bass
}

%% Single-staff-chords work with \tweak #'duration-log
\new Staff \one

%% cross-staff-stems doesn't work in all cases,
\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff { \one\workaround }
    \new Staff \two