Re: Slurs, phrasing slurs and fingering

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Slurs, phrasing slurs and fingering
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 11:19:26 -0600

Hi Olivier,

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Olivier Biot <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am now aware of the \shape + list of control point offsets tweak thanks to
> this thread, but are there always 4 control points?

Yes.  TupletBracket used to have a 'control-points property that set
two control points, but that is no longer the case.

> I am also aware of yet another tweak: \once \override Slur #'positions (as
> in
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/fixing-overlapping-notation)
>
> Where can I find the documentation and explanation for tweaking the shape of
> slurs and phrasing slurs?

The \shape function is documented in the 2.17 documentation here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes

As far as 'positions, this snippet might be helpful to you:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=684

You can also do a displacement of 'positions values using this snippet:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=748

Note that you can override 'positions first to get a reasonable
approximation of the slur you want, and then use \shape to fine-tune
it.  (You won't be able to use snippet 748 with \shape though.)

Hope this helps,
David