Re: how to reuse common header attributes

From: Xavier Noria
Subject: Re: how to reuse common header attributes
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 22:55:46 +0100

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, I see, I misunderstood. I have never played transposing instruments,
> so I can't tell what the right wording is, but it sounds reasonable.
> I only used transpose for "real" transposition (e.g. to make it easier
> for singers) where the both the notation and the "sound" is changed.

Ahhh, I understand thanks anyway.

> Btw: The manual suggests to use \transposition a in such a case in
> addition (Am I right?) to the \transpose command:
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#instrument-transpositions

In principle it does not work. I store one melody in concert pitch in
a variable, and then reuse that variable for the original and
transposed scores. But the docs of \transposition say " \transposition
should only be used if the pitches are not being entered in concert
pitch.", so apparently it is not intended for my use case.