Lyrics

From: Maarten de Keijzer
Subject: Lyrics
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:01:43 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to create a sheet for choir accompaniment, and have arranged chord names above the pianostaff with my own notes.
Now I want to add the choir lyrics to the (partly empty) bars to better be able to deal with rests.

I tried this, but Lilypond complains on not finding ‘upper’ or ‘chd’.

\score {

   <<

     \new ChordNames \chd

     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "upper" \lyr

     \new Staff <<

       \new Voice = "upper" \upper

     \new Staff <<

       \new Voice = "lower" \lower

       \clef bass

}

What would be the best method to have the lyrics related to the chords, not to ‘my music’?

-- Maarten