Re: Lyrics

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Lyrics
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:37:10 +0100

Hi Maarten,

try to create an (invisible) Devnull Staff that also gets the chords as
musical content, and name that Devnull Staff (eg "inv"). Then assign the
lyrics to inv instead of upper.

Like this:

melody = \relative c' {
   \repeat unfold 20 {c}
}

text = \lyricmode {
 ta ta ta ta ta
}

harmonies = \chordmode {
  c1
  aes1
  bes1
  d1
  f1
}

\score {
 <<
 \new Devnull = "inv" {
   \harmonies
 }

 \new ChordNames {
 %\set chordChanges = ##t
 \harmonies
 }

 \new Voice { \melody }

 \new Lyrics \lyricsto "inv" \text

 \layout { }
}

To be honest, I was surprised that you could name a Devnull context, but
... there it is...

Hope that helps,
Robert