Music teachers happy to hear about LilyPond

From: Noeck
Subject: Music teachers happy to hear about LilyPond
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:20:37 +0100

Dear LilyPond community,

today, there was an informal meeting of future teachers in southern
Germany with the aim to share knowledge about helpful software for music
teaching at high-school.

LilyPond was presented and I contributed a summary about LilyPond usage
and installation. I had expected some reserved reaction due to the
complexity of the text input but that was not the case.

Nobody of the trainee teachers have ever heard about LilyPond. But they
were amazed by the functionality and how easy it is to include empty
staves, small snippets, chords, scales etc. into odt documents with the
help of OOoLilyPond.

Conclusion for all developers: LilyPond is convincing and people are
happy to use it.

Cheers,
Joram