Re: Music teachers happy to hear about LilyPond

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: Music teachers happy to hear about LilyPond
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:49:04 +0100

Over here (Belgium) LilyPond is not as well known as MuseScore. Other popular (paid) software are Sibelius and Finale.

I have to agree that even with my software development background and TeX/LaTeX experience I find the learning curve of LilyPond rather steep. But the path is very rewarding. I can't find a faster AND better way to recreate a lost 60-page document than doing it with LilyPond. The knowledge shared by the community is an invaluable complement to the extensive yet sometimes awkward documentation available on the website.

Without the very active participation of the "Herders of the LilyPond Memory" in the LilyPond mailing lists I think many would not have found their way.

Many thanks,

Olivier