My return to Lilypond

From: Eduardo Silva
Subject: My return to Lilypond
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 06:57:36 -0700

Greetings!
After an inactivity of maybe 4+ years, I'm coming back to the Lilypond users' community and to working with Lilypond. I must say I'm glad to see the progress of this project. The documentation has been improved a lot. I like the idea of a Learning Manual and a Notation Manual. I had to read and read, because I had forgotten so much stuff on how to use Lilypond—not that I had ever become proficient in this program in the first place.
I've had this dream of selling songbooks and sheet music online for years. Finally now I narrowed down the scope of this effort and am focusing initially in producing songs especially adapted to small tablets, and e-Ink readers. So far, I've completed 2 songbooks, just in time for the Christmas season:
Heartfelt Carols: Christmas Songs for Tablets and e-Readers, with regular notes and 7-shape note style. Free samples are available at my website: www.heartfeltsongs.com
I'd appreciate your feedback on these publications (download the samples, please). I should say that the final results look so awesome despite the little time and lack of knowledge to do more customizations. It was a joy overall to work with Lilypond.
I'm planning on donating to Lilypond at least 10% of my profit on these, if I manage to sell more than $1,000. I don't know how I would make an accountable process for this, but for now just take my word for it ;-). I'm pleased to see Daniel Kastrup's commitment to Lilypond.

Regards,
Eduardo Vieira
www.heartfeltsongs.com