Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal

From: Parham FH
Subject: Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:31:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I tried asking on IRC but got no replies.
I am curious if it is possible to run lilypond from the Mac OS X
(my case: 10.6.8) terminal since I am
generating the data for lilypond via a python application.
It would therefor be preferred to run lilypond from the terminal in
an automated non-user-interaction-
demanding manner.

I have tried searching for the answer online as well as linking and
using binaries in the Lilypond.app package, but to no avail since I do
 not know how to properly set up the environment for it to work from the
terminal.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Parham