Re: Lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lyrics
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:17:07 +0100

"Maarten de Keijzer" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks,
> With the following 'script' and syllables enclosed by "" I get a score
> including the text:
>
> \score {
>       <<
>       \new Devnull = "inv" { \chd }
>       \new ChordNames {
>               \set chordChanges = ##t
>               \chd
>       }
>       \new Staff <<
>       \new Voice = "upper" \upper
>       >>
>       \new Staff <<
>       \new Voice = "lower" \lower
>       \clef bass
>       >>
>       \new Lyrics \lyricsto "inv" \text
>       >>
>       \layout { }
> }
>
> However, the text is related to chord changes, and I would prefer just
> textparts per measure.
> Can that be fixed with some other mode?

You are aware that you don't _need_ to use \lyricsto or \addlyrics?
Just specify the duration you want in the text itself like

\new Lyrics \lyricsmode { "And there were"1 "shepherds in"2. the4 field. }

If you go "one lyric per bar", then you should just need the first 1 and
all the other strings will be of the same length automatically.

--
David Kastrup