Re: balloonGrobText

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: balloonGrobText
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:29:16 +0100

Am 12.12.2012 23:01, schrieb David Kastrup:
> Noeck <address@hidden> writes:
>> PS: Why such a strange name, balloonGrobText? Why not just annotation?
>
> Because nobody sanitized this up to now.  It should probably get pretty
> much the same interface as \footnote.  However, the interface of
> \footnote changed about monthly for quite a while, so it made sense
> getting this right first.

Thats nice to hear and sounds very reasonable. For me it's not urgent
and I also thought that it is very similar to footnote.

I systematically tested the features of balloonGrobText with these Objects:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/all-layout-objects
If the issues I stumbled upon are interesting for you developers, I
could collect them and write down some more issues I found.

Btw, I am trying to make a "graphical index" (score with links) to the
internals reference. I will let you know when I am done.

Cheers,
Joram