Re: Displaying string number above fingering

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Displaying string number above fingering
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:39:00 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> writes:
>
> > The irregular behavior Oliver sees occurs when there is no <> chord
> > indication.
>
> Fingering_engraver

Well, fingerings go to Fingering_engraver but the string-numbers go to
New_fingering_engraver.  (Better than version 2.14, when string-numbers they
were simply dropped.)   I opened bug-tracker issue
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3017>

> > Then there is the problem \thumb is different than other fingerings...
>
> We should likely try doing something about that, though.

I see no urgency, since there was a very similar bug-report
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1029>
satisfied to everyone's satisfaction.  Making \thumb like the other fingerings
would still give wrong output for Olivier's example (just wrong in a more
regular way).