Re: need more help with spacing overrides

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: need more help with spacing overrides
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:17:14 +0100

2012/12/13 ed stuckems <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:
>> ed stuckems <edstuckems <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> I'd like to increase the distance between piano staffs
>>
>>   \new PianoStaff \with {
>>     \override StaffGrouper #'staff-staff-spacing #'basic-distance = #20
>>   } <<
>>     \new Staff { c'1 }
>>     \new Staff { c'1 } >>
>>
> <snip>
>
> Keith, your solution increases the distance between the staffs of the
> piano staff.  I'm sorry I didn't make my meaning clear.  Let me try
> again.  The piano staff consists of 2 staves joined by a brace.  I'm
> not looking to increase the distance between these two staves (this is
> effect of the solutions provided by Keith above and Nathan in a
> of piano staves and the next pair of piano staves.
>
> Sorry for my inadequacy with language!
>
> regards,
> Michael.

Hi,

see NR 4.1.4 Flexible vertical spacing \paper variables
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation-big-page#flexible-vertical-spacing-_005cpaper-variables

\version "2.16.1"

\paper {
        system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #30
}

  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff { \repeat unfold 4 { c'1 \break } }
    \new Staff { \repeat unfold 4 { c'1 \break } } >>

HTH,
  Harm