Re: brainstorming a really smart system engraver

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: brainstorming a really smart system engraver
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:00:10 -0500

Hello again!

I think I have the PERFECT solution to this problem, if only \quoteDuring did
the following two things:
   1. Quoted lyrics.
   2. Observed \RemoveEmptyStaves as if the quoted portion was empty (i.e., if
the quoted material did NOT stop a hara-kiri action).

Then, I could simply write a single line (e.g., the soprano), and \quoteDuring
it into the other "choral unison" parts. When another (non \quoteDuring-ed)
portion of the score demanded the "expansion" of the score to 2 or more staves,
the \quoteDuring portion would display the appropriate notes and lyrics.

Does this make sense?
Is it possible with some existing Lilypond features, or would it require new
features?

Thanks,
Kieren.