Re: Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Lilypond in Mac OS X Terminal
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 08:58:12 -0500

On Dec 12, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried to follow those instructions recently (to try the png output) but was
> not able to get it to run.

For future command-line beginners like myself, I figured out the problem:

I needed to change the shell I was using from tcsh to bash.  Bash is now the
default shell for OSX, but at one point it was tcsh (10.2 Jaguar or earlier).
If you upgrade from those earlier tcsh versions, it does not automatically
change the default shell to bash, but keeps using tcsh unless you manually
change it.

More details and how to change the shell:
http://macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2004/02/24/bash.html

-Paul