show bar number

From: Mark Mathias
Subject: show bar number
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:45:37 -0500

The manual shows how to show bar numbers on every bar:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-numbers. This works when the code is pasted into a new lilypond file, but I must still not understand something pretty fundamental about LilyPond because no matter where I've placed it, I can't get it to work in this file:

\version "2.16.1"

% Here is the line I can't place correctly:

\override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)

\paper {

#(set-paper-size "letter")

}

\layout {