Re: brainstorming a really smart system engraver

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: brainstorming a really smart system engraver
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 12:14:33 +0100

On 14 December 2012 14:47, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> (snip)
>
> Ultimately, I would like to have Lilypond choose the correct number
> of staves so that horizontal and vertical spacing is optimal, using
> partcombine (or 'partexplode'?), cueing, etc., to accomplish its
> task.
>
> (snip)
>
> Can anyone think of a reasonably easy way to implement this feature?
> If so, I'll be happy to sponsor it.

Hi Kieren,

Personally I would be very happy with an "enhanced" partcombine that
could handle divisi on different staves as well.
This features has been asked in the French users mailing list and is
tracked as issue #2779.

Wouldn't it be for help for you "really smart system engraver"?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>