Re: Begin lyrics only with new section

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Begin lyrics only with new section
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:26:05 +0100

Hello,

2012/12/16 address@hidden <address@hidden>
Let's say that on the interior of B I add a lot of new music but I don't have lyrics yet.  It is fastidious to count how many notes I added and put skips, so as a result, all the lyrics from C shift under B.  Is there a way to avoid this by indicating somehow that lC is not supposed to begin until mC begins?

this works for me:

\version "2.17.6"

mA = \relative c'' {

g4( a) b c

}

mB = \relative c'' {

g4( a) a c

}

mC = \relative c'' {

c4( b) a g

}

lA = \lyricmode {

A ly -- rics

}

lC = \lyricmode {

C ly -- rics

}

\score { <<

\new Staff { \new Voice = "mA" \mA \new Voice = "mB" \mC \new Voice = "mC" \mC}

\new Lyrics << \lyricsto "mA" { \lA } \lyricsto "mC" { \lC } >>

\layout { }

}

HTH
Marek Klein