Re: Improving alignment of pedal marks

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Improving alignment of pedal marks
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 23:52:03 +0100

Am 15.12.2012 23:04, schrieb Arle Lommel:
> The second problem remains. How can I improve the vertical alignment of
> pedal marks? The piece I am working on has a lot of situations like the
> following:

Why are the pedal symbols on a different vertical level with the mixed
and the bracket style but not in the default (text) style?

\version "2.16.0"
{
  \clef bass
  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'text % bracket mixed
  a,2\sustainOn a,\sustainOff
  a,,1\sustainOn
}

In my opinion, the default alignment should also be used for brackets.
That would also save Arle from further workarounds. Or what is the
reason for the pedals to behave differently with and without brackets?

Cheers,
Joram