Re: A question of list etiquette and images.

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: A question of list etiquette and images.
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 00:01:58 -0800

How will this impact users who receive the list in digest mode each week? (I don't get it this way, so I don't know....)
Jeff

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Given that, does anyone have any suggestions to how behave nicely
>> for list members like Harm when images are involved?
>
> Hi Arle, Hmmm...  one possible solution is to post your images in
> flickr, dropbox, or your online storage provider of choice, and then
> include links to them in your messages.

Naa, far too complicated!  IMHO, it's a failure of some e-mail clients
not being able to properly handle inline images, and those guys should
ideally update...  David K. also uses inline images in some of his
e-mails, and nobody has ever complained IIRC.

In case this is *really* such a big problem (which I don't believe),
I think it is fully sufficient if the email starts with

  [ATTENTION: INLINE IMAGES]

or something like that.

    Werner

《〠》】〶【〖〠〗〶〛〷〚