Re: zigzag staffline

From: Gagi Petrovic
Subject: Re: zigzag staffline
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:58:57 +0100

Hi David, yes indeed. A zigzag or a trillspan-kind-of line would also suffice.

Thank you for your tip, seems like it's time for me to dive more deeply into this matter. When i look at the code i understand it only roughly, i will need some time for this. So if anyone has any tips for reading material / code about creating StaffSymbols, please share them.

Thanks and all the best, Gagi

On 18 December 2012 14:40, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Gagi,

> On 15 December 2012 10:39, Gagi Petrovic <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Ponders, i'm working on a composition where i'm in need of a custom
>> 3-lined-staff with a zigzagged (like the glissando style, see attachment)
>> middle line. Is it possible to make a small adjustement to the code below,
>> or should i start doing some serious tweaking?

So the middle line of the 3-line staff will actually be replaced with
a zigzag line?  I'm not aware of doing something like that with a
simple override.  I would imagine that you'd have to build up a new
StaffSymbol from the ground up.  There's a snippet in the LSR which
colors individual lines, and that might be something to look at and
adapt to your needs.  Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to
work on it.

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=700

HTH,
David

--
+31 6 1259 8681 | LinkedIn | gagipetrovic.nl