Tuplet Ratios

From: carltesta
Subject: Tuplet Ratios
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 08:16:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,

I am working on typesetting another composer's music. In their music they
prefer to notate a 5:4 tuplet (5 sixteenth notes in the space of 4 sixteenth
notes) as 5:1 (5 sixteenths in the space of 1 pulse (quarter note). Is it
possible change Lilypond's MIDI encoding so that if I write the tuplet as
5:1 that it will play it back as a 5:4? Instead of 5 sixteenth notes in the
space of 1 sixteenth note?

I would appreciate any info that could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Carl