Re: Resolving "cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction notset"warn

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Resolving "cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction notset"warnings
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:25:53 +0100

Thanks much. This is what I was missing. I had thought, somehow, from reading that portion (a number of times) that the voiceOne and voiceTwo bits were automatically and implicitly assigned and did not realize that they have to be explicitly invoked. Earliest suggestions got me part of the way there, and this resolves the issue (although I find that it shifts the direction some things like trill spans go, which means I just have to do a manual walkthrough of the output to see what has moved). If the original notation of this piece weren't a little crazy this would be much easier, but that's life.

I appreciate the guidance and home some day to be able to return some knowledge.

-Arle