Re: stems and note heads

From: Nathan
Subject: Re: stems and note heads
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:36:58 -0800

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Christopher Brooks <address@hidden> wrote:

How do I remove noteheads from individual stems?

How can I get stems to extend to note heads: [...]

To hide a notehead, you can make it transparent:

\override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t

The other half of the problem, however, is quite difficult. I was able to move the beam above the hanging note, but I couldn't find any way of manually adjusting a beamed stem. Here is my partial solution:

transHeads = \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
untransHeads = \revert NoteHead #'transparent

\new Staff {
  \stemDown
  \override Beam #'positions = #'(-0.5 . -0.5)
  <f'' d'>16
  \transHeads f''16 f''16
  \untransHeads f''16
}