Re: Aligning triplets evenly

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Aligning triplets evenly
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:11:52 +0100

On 26 December 2012 10:07, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lilypond promises to generate nicely scores.
> (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/essay/engraving-details#optical-spacing)
>
> This works in most cases. But I have currently a score that shows ugly
> triplets. It should spread the note heads evenly aligned in the X-axis. The
> excerpt below shows the problem. Why is only the first triplet evenly
> aligned and how can I fix this? There are tons of triplets of this kind in
> the piece. Therefore I would avoid a tweak at the individual measures.

Hi,

The doc about horizontal spacing mention the use of
"Score.SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching" to force uniform
equal-duration spacing in tuplets.

This might have some drawbacks but AFAICS it generates note heads
evenly aligned in the X-axis.

NR 4.5.3 Changing horizontal spacing > Selected Snippets
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/changing-horizontal-spacing.html

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t

Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>